Saturday, June 19, 2010

Spelling Challenges and Six Flags Are Exciting

Very well, then.

I did the Woodshed open-mic today in Brooklyn. I have never done a Saturday open-mic before. There were 38 comics signed up for it, so they had to cut the time and give each comic only 2 1/2 minutes. I was fine with that. I was feeling unprepared, anyway. My set went poorly, and my timing was all messed up because I got the light so early. What can you do? There were some funny comedians there, tonight, though the crowd was pretty tough. It was one of those open-mic situations where the crowd is sort of excited at first, and then, after a couple of people bomb, the audience never gets its juice back.

I am stressing out over these leftover essays I need to grade. It's pretty painful to be grading these puppies right now. I am just forcing it out, like a turd. I should be done by midday tomorrow. I just double-checked the spelling of midday. I got it right. Yes!!!!! Yes!! I like spelling and spelling challenges. I don't know how I feel about spelling bees, though. I like being able to write down a challenging spelling word and squint at it to see if it looks right. That's part of the fun for me, and that part of the fun is not honored or accommodated at spelling bees.

I rode my bicycle today. It felt great. Nice day out there. This summer thing is really working out so far. I haven't ridden my bike for a while. She's a good vessel.

On Monday, we have a big field trip to Six Flags. I am predicting fun and excitement. Possibly, also, there will be fried dough. So flavorful. I might go on a roller coaster. Who knows? I haven't been on a roller coaster for ages. I am thinking of going on one that goes upside down in a loopty-loop. I have never experienced such a thing before. I suppose I'm ready for the G-forces. I want to play the throw-the-dart-at-the-balloon game and win. I feel like that's my event, though I regularly underperform in it. Possibly, on Monday, I will shine and win a cheap plush toy.

Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment