Sunday, November 28, 2010

Particularly Psyched Out of My Mind


I am about to go to the grocery store. I can't wait to trample someone on the way in. A store entrance stampede is pretty much par for the course, these days.

I've been reading David Copperfield, by Charles Dickens. It's enjoyable. I haven't read it for about a week, though, so it is just sitting there on the table, looking really heavy and hard to crack open. One of the great things about reading really old literature is that you learn all these funny, outdated words and turns of phrase. For instance, instead of saying, "Hey Suzy. Wow, what a pretty dress you have on, there," you could say, "Hey Suzy. Wow, what a bewitching dress you have on, there." It may not seem that cool if you read it, here, but if you said it in real life, people would think you're a class act.

I like the movie, Scrooged. I can't get enough Bill Murray. I hope to catch that movie on TV at some point in the near future. I think I have a good chance. It's the Christmas Special season.

I am getting more and more into the movie, Elf. That's a good, new Christmas classic. I like the part where the dwarf says he's "particularly psyched out of his mind" about some of the ideas he has for children's books. I also like Will Ferrell, in general.

I also like Bing Crosby.

No comments:

Post a Comment