Saturday, October 20, 2012

Very Informative

I stayed up really late, because I took a huge nap until 10 PM.  Now look at me.  It's almost 6 AM.  I feel like a real jerksquad.

Earlier tonight, I ate exactly three chocolate chip cookies.  Then I received heartburn and was forced to medicate myself with Tums.  Tums are actually pretty effective, and they taste like weak Sweet Tarts, which means they taste pretty good.

I am embarrassed to say that I have completely lost my momentum with Moby-Dick.  I haven't been reading it regularly, at all, and, as a result, I am still about halfway through, even though I started reading it months ago.  The good news is that I went to Nantucket with my family and got to see all types of cool stuff regarding Melville's magnum opus.  I even went to the whaling museum and saw a huge sperm whale skeleton.  Sperm whales are prodigious leviathans, and they can destroy you, if they so desire.  I also saw a bent harpoon, alongside many straight harpoons and other whaling accoutrements.  Very rusty and old and heavy.  Also, they played this video about Nantucket, and it was very informative.  I just became overwhelmed by an urge not to explain the video at all, so we'll just leave it at that.

We went to a restaurant, on Nantucket, called Queequeg's.  Turns out it is not the type of place Queequeg would ever patronize.  It's basically just a fancy bar that sells expensive burgers.

You know what's good on Nantucket?  The pre-made sandwiches at Cumberland Farms.  I was pleasantly surprised by this.  Cumby's.  So good.  Tuna sammy.  Not too shabby, if you ask me.

Hey, check it out: I have this new job where I work in a warehouse and get to wear a hard hat sometimes.  It's awesome.  Forklifts possess such strength.  I can't believe it.  If you engage in horseplay near the working forklift, you risk immediate squish-death.

     

No comments:

Post a Comment