Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Deluxe Accommodations


You're lookin' at a guy who installed an air conditioning unit in his bedroom window tonight. It was quite a success. There is absolutely no chance the unit will slip out of the window and go crashing to the ground, killing an alley cat. My girlfriend supervised me as I strained to fit the machine into the window frame, and she assured me that it is fine, but I can't stop envisioning the air conditioner falling out of the window and plummeting toward the ground. The thing weighs about 300 pounds. I'm just glad we didn't install one in one of our front windows that looks out toward the sidewalk.

The air conditioner works great. My bedroom feels like a bed and breakfast. Whenever I enter my sleeping chambers, I feel like I am on vacation and enjoying one of the numerous amenities a guest expects from quality lodging. Now all I need is a mini-bar. I feel like I am at the W. This is awesome. I think there is some sort of Old Lady/Lawn Chair convention happening in the main lobby, downstairs. I should stop by and say hello on my way to the fitness center.

I am looking forward to watching the next stage of the Tour de France, tomorrow morning. Today's cobblestone stage was a doozy. Guys got all bloody. It was exciting. I love watching the Tour de France. It gives me a summertime feeling and inspires me to ride my bicycle. I wish I had a better grasp on the rules of the Tour and the point system. It sort of baffles me. I sort of understand the different colored jerseys, but, at the same time, I don't quite get it at all. I suppose I could use the Internet, which is right at my fingertips, to find out some of this information, but I don't want to do that now.

Instead, I will hit the hay. I am looking forward to it, because the temperature in my bedroom is so nice and cool. I feel like I am at the Super 8 Motel. I can't wait for tomorrow morning's continental breakfast. I am going to eat cereal and pour my own belgian waffle.

No comments:

Post a Comment